Monday 14 January 2019

52 Ancestors: Week 2 - The Challenge of Organization: Forms and Charts


https://pixabay.com/en/cluttered-desk-dirty-education-1295494/


This week's 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks prompt is "Challenge". I have two great grandfathers by the names of John MCDONALD and James DOUGLAS that are challenges. I have yet to find which cabbage patches they came from. My biggest challenge however, is organization. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one, so I've decided to make my challenge post about forms and charts.

Once you start getting deeper in your family tree, being able to keep track of what you've looked at, what you have, and what you need to find becomes essential. Especially if you're like me and do the old school paper thing for at least some of your ancestors. I keep paper files of my direct lines. Collateral lines are kept on my Ancestry tree. I've built a little collection of links that I like to use to to find my forms.

Ancestry
Ancestry has a form for just about anything you might need for your research files.


Family Tree Templates.net
This great site has a ton of varieties of forms. They are free to use, though if you want fillable PDF versions for some of the forms, you'll have to pay a small fee.

Family Search
Family Tree Magazine
I cannot remember where I first found these. Global Genealogy is in the main URL, but I could not find a way to find it on their main site now.

Bailey's Free Genealogy Forms
Click here to access their free research forms:
  • Pedigree charts
  • Family Record Sheet
  • Cemetery Logs
  • Time Lines Forms
  • Research Log
  • Correspondence Log
  • Relationship Chart





















No comments:

Post a Comment